Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mini Bio.

Hey everyone! Many of you know I have a youtube channel: Jennaboomakeup but what many of you don't know is that I have a secret problem. When I was 13 years of age I was put on a medicine for depression which caused my weight to SKY ROCKET! I was 97 pounds in the beginning. I was NEVER happy with my body was younger because I always had a little pop out tummy. I had that tummy through out my childhood years, even when I was at the perfect weight. When my weight increased my tummy popped out even more. So much it began to cause people to point out that I was maybe "pregnant" (which I was not!) My weight began to cause stretch marks, acne, and extra pounds. I am at 148 right now and I'm only 4" 11". I recently was having trouble with woman problems. So I went to a nurse practitioner who had me fast and go and get blood drawn. I found out some really bad news. ......

I was insulin resistant. On my way to diabetes. How did my life go from bad...to worse. Not to mention I also am an untreated hypothyroid patient. If things weren't begging to look even worse....I learned to my dismay I am also PCOS. (You can look that up) With both disorders I had to lose weight and change my eating habits. So I scheduled an appointment with a local nutritionist and thats where I am today.

Yesterday I went to a nutritionist who in the beginning ticked me off. I was adamant that how I was eating was fine. And that everything is not enough. I soon learned later in the meeting that this could actually be fun. I am on what they call a "low carb diet." Because my body is basically what they call allergic to carbs. I was handed a meal plan working with what "I" wanted to eat. She worked with my pickyness and was able to show me how I could incorporate these things in my new lifestyle.

So I'm going to end it right here. Im Jenna Nicole and I LOVE food. But hey, I don't have to stop loving it I just have to learn how to eat right.

Im going to start posting daily meal plans and what I eat everyday here on this blog. I will try to keep it daily. Some days I may screw up but hey I'm human. Don't forget to after this post to check out my first food post. #Letsgethealthy

No comments:

Post a Comment